Sunday, February 07, 2010

Daily French

"The best way to improve in a foreign language is USE the language as possible as you can. Speak, listen, read, write, and think in the language in your daily life!"
"If your language class is one-hour long, review, preview, and practice it for three hours. Your lesson won't be exactly worth unless you take the THIRD time of the lesson to prepare."
...They are what I keep saying to my students.

But I didn't follow what I say, if I speak about FRENCH.
I take French class every other week. However, between the lessons, I rarely studied French...so, at the next class, I forgot all of what I learned, and learned them again...
I took the fourth grade of French certificate, but that was the reason why I still can't speak in French!

So, I started to use French in my daily life.
For example, today, I asked my hubby...
"Tu as faim? Venez dejeuner! (Your are hungry? Come to lunch!)"
"Voila, ta tasse. (Here is your cup.) Voila, des cuilleres, des couteaux, et asseiettes... (Here are spoons, knives, and dishes...) Asseieds-toi!(Have a seat!)"
My hubby had no idea what I was saying, but he just "repeated" after me, making fun of me.


...Before I went out to go to French lesson, he gave the words to me,
"Good luck, Je t'aim!" (がんばってジュテ!)
...They sounded like French. Maybe it's the good way to learn a new language for the WHOLE family members???


No comments: