Tuesday, January 06, 2009

First Day

I suppose most of you had the first business day in 2009, today. So did I!

Last night, I went to bed at 3:00am.
I had visited my in-law's house since December 30, and came back to Tokyo last night. We got home at 12:30 am, and then I put away my stuff...
I was so relaxed & did nothing at my in-law's house that I couldn't believe I was going to teach seven classes the next day!

However, today, three of my private lessons were canceled because the students just "forgot" classes! Isn't it common at the first day of the year??? I didn't know it!! One student who lives near my school run to class after I called him, so the private lesson became "half." Eventually, "the first day" was very slow day even though I tried to be spirited!

By the way, on the first day, there were two good things.
One is that my reticent junior high student bought me a souvenir!
He rarely "talks" usually even though he comes to the English conversation school... But today, he gave me a specialty sweet from his grandparents' hometown, saying nothing. I was very glad for his consideration!

The other thing is a memo from my manager.
I found a pay roll in my drawer of the office, and the memo was on it.
It said, "Keiko sensei, thank you always for helping me. I really appreciate it! Please stay with us this year as well as the last year!"
Actually, I felt sorry that I had been absent from work because of the flu. I will also reduce the amount of my work, and I knew that caused inconvenience for her.
But, look at her message! It's because her generosity. I know!
But I was happy to feel it.

My first business day of the year...not bad! Wasn't it???

No comments: