Friday, January 09, 2009

Thoughtfulness

At the today's business meeting, we discussed about how to increase new students.
One of our school characteristics is that many students were recommended by our old students. Actually, students can get credits if they introduce their friends or family. We need to promote it more, but how to promote?

I thought the most important thing is thoughtfulness for the students. If I think about my students and care them a lot, they will notice that no matter how old they are.
If they feel my thoughtfulness, they will recommend our school to their friends!

Today, I slept over, so I had just a little time to prepare for lessons. I had six lessons today, and one is a private class of a very new student. I was worried whether my teaching is going to be good or not, but I tried to be confident.
I was concentrating on making effective approaches depends on the student, and trying to know what they are struggling. Especially, in a class of a new student, I was trying to understand her nervousness.

Then, I found...my job is REALLY fun!
I saw a TV commercial of a correspondence courses. An office girl (Kanno Miho is acting) said, "I want to do a job which is exclusive for me!"
...I don't want to brag it, but I think my job is exclusive. I have wanted to get it.
"The exclusive job." I know we have "substitutes." Maybe my students will not be so bothered even if I quit the job. However, I am very happy when some students say, "I want to take Keiko's private lessons!" and so on.

...I have been thinking what the punch line is in this article, but I'm too sleepy to make it... Sorry, I think this is not an interesting reading for you!
...Good night!!

No comments: