Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Got to leave

At the end of today's lesson, my private student, Mamoru, said to me.
"Keiko sensei, I will quit this school on March because I will get to be busy with my school work from April."
Usually I try make an effort not to have my students left. However, today, I didn't make questions to him. I just said, "OK. I got it!"
Beucause...it has been clear he doesn't want to study English!

He started to take my private lessons to pass the pre-second grade of EIKEN.
But it's not his aim, but his mother's one. Her mother is really enthusiastic, but also pushy. Contrary to his mother's expectations, he hasn't been working hard.

He didn't do homework, didn't prepare for my tests, and didn't what I asked him to do.
I have tried to use both the carrot and the stick to teach him, but he just seemed not to get my passion.

That's why I didn't stop him. He's got to leave for the school, and I've got to give him up.
...However, after I got home, when I checked his answers of yesterday's EIKEN...
I found he is going to pass it!! I was in a great trouble to teach him how to understand reading comprehension quiz. That was his weak point, but he did a very good job this time!
I can't stop him to leave for the school, but I'm glad he will pass the test!!

Also, I checked my answers. My condition was awful, so I thought it will be much worse than last time... But actually, my score was better than last time.
I don't have enough score to pass it, but I was relieved to have taken the better score even though my terrible condition.
I thought I really wanted to pass it next time! ...I've got to leave for this lazy life!!

...Maybe...

No comments: