Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Last Day

Whenever I have my birthday, I care about "the day before birthday" more.
The birthday is the first day of the new age, but the day before is the last day of old age!
So, on the last day of "34-year-old" myself, I did...renewed my driver's license!
Yes, it's a very practical thing...

I visited the Tokyo government office building in Shinjuku. Because there are many people in Tokyo, the renewing a driver's license was a kind of an "assembly line."
I finished all processes for an hour. Then, I headed for Takashimaya, which is one of my favorite department stores. While I was walking in front of the Tokyo government office building, I felt the weird atmosphere... There are many homeless people in front of the building! They "lived" in the underpass, lying in a sleeping bag in a row... There were...maybe 100 people??? It was like a community!

I just felt appreciation for my safe & happy living circumstance.
When the clock turned the midnight, my hubby said, "Congratulations! You have SURVIVED at least for the whole 34years! It's amazing!"
Yap...sure! I should say thank you to my parents who gave me a "life" on my birthday. And then...actually, my birthday is also my father's birthday!


When my heart filled the deep emotion, my hubby was muttering without looking my eyes.
"Yeah, congratulations! Even you look much older in the photo of a new driver's license!"
...He doesn't have to say it!!!

No comments: