Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Whiz kids

I taught a special kids' class this evening.
That was a preparation class for the junior EIKEN (Step test.)
My students (not from my regular classes) were three. They are 7-8 year old boys.

The junior EIKEN is consisted of various listening tests.
Because the three boys have been taking our classes for a long time( One boy has been taking a group lesson and a private lesson per a week!), their English is...not less than...some adults' students!!

They were taking a quiz being serious, and asking questions to me.
For example, "Oh, did he said"round?" I thought he said "loud!" or "It sounded "I brought!" She said "I bought," OK...that makes sense from this structure!" etc, etc.

Whenever I said, "How! You are doing great! I'm amazed!!", they said, "Don't look down on us! We have been studying English for four years. It's a piece of cake!
We couldn't learn abroad in the future if we couldn't pass this easy test now!"

Well, well, well, even though they have been studying English for four years, some adults have still been struggling about a basic grammar quiz...
The understanding and flexibility are your strength, kids!

No comments: