Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Worried Mother

At five o'clock in the evening, the phone rang.
I know who it was, it's definitely...
"Hello, Keiko? How are you?"
Yes! It's my mom! She knows when my day off is, and I usually take a nap during afternoon. So she always calls me in the evening, on my day offs.

"Hi mom, I'm good!" I tried to say in a good voice, but she wasn't convinced.
"How good? Tell me more!"
"Well...My neck still hurts, so I had a hard time while I was taking a test on last Sunday, but once I took an aspirin, I haven't felt the pain."
...Maybe it's my fault that I can't lie to her...

"Oh, your neck still hurts you! That's insane!! What kind of aspirin you have had?
It's not good to take medicine often! What if you have a neck cancer? Have you seen a proper doctor?"
"Well, mom... I don't think there is a kind of "neck cancer" in the world...
And it happens sometimes! You know, Tom also felt pain on his neck while we were in America, but it was gone after...maybe a few month."
"Why did he fell pain? What was the reason??" My mom is a kind of investigator sometimes.
"Well, maybe...the stress??"
"What kind of stress you have now? Is there any mean person in your school?"
"Uh...mom... I'm not a five year old girl anymore... I have been living more than 30 years, so I have learned enough how to pay back "twice" to those people...
Don't worry! I don't stress out. My neck pain will be gone, soon. Oh! I got a very nice pillow! It makes me recovered, soon!!"
"A pillow?? What is it made of?? Isn't it healthy material, are you sure?"
"Well, mom..."

I was like a defendant in front of a prosecutor.
My mom & dad are VERY healthy people, so she just can't understand what happened to me (I think it sometimes happens to common people, and THAT is normal!) and she has worried too much about my health.

Mothers are mothers, and children are still "children" for them...
I appreciate her, but what's your mother like? Is she worried like my mom??
I'm just wondering...

No comments: