Thursday, January 29, 2009

Negotiation

A few days ago, our head teacher, Toshi, asked me.
"Keiko sensei, are there any kids students who might take private lessons in your class?"
I was wondering.
"Well, I don't know... Some junior high students are preparing for the EIKEN, so they might do... But I don't know!"
Basically, I'm too easygoing about the business prospect.
But because he is a head teacher, he is always much more serious about it...

Today, he said, "I'm gonna recommend taking my private lessons to Takuya's mother."
I was surprised. "Takuya!? He has been taking two lessons per week, from me and Bob. Will her mother let him take more lessons??"
I didn't believe his mother would be convinced to let her 4 year old son take private lessons!

...However, she was convinced as Toshi expected.
Takuya, a four-year-old boy, will come to our English school three days per week!
Actually, Toshi is very good at negotiations.
It's not exaggeration if I said, "Almost all students he aims are convinced as he wants."
That's because he is trusted as a good teacher, and he always plans well about the negotiations.

...I admire him, but I can't be like him!!!

No comments: