Friday, January 30, 2009

On-the-job Training

Recently, some new employees have been around my school branch, as the on-the-job training.
That's because maybe our manager, Rie, and the head teacher, Toshi, are excellent professionals, I guess. The manager-to-bes and new teachers have been holding memos, and trying to learn a lot. That has made me refreshed.

I don't know it's coincidence or not. So far, all of trainees are not new graduates.
Therefore, it's interesting to hear their career background.
One had been involved in the real estate field. Another had worked for a famous English school that almost was bankrupt now.
The most recent one, Maki, was a hotel employee.
That's why? She is a very considerate & amiable girl!
Because my school is an English one, many new employees had lived abroad for awhile. Maki had been in Beijing, as a hotel apprentice. After that, she had traveled Asia for a long time, so she is very familiar with Asian geography and food.

I'm so impressed by her background... Even though, she is 12 years younger than me! Wait a minute... native speakers in my school, Bob and Eric, are also 12 years younger than me! I completely rely on & ask them a lot as a teacher... I almost forgot about it!
Please say to me, "Age is just a "number.""
If you say "Years bring wisdom," it doesn't apply in my case!!

No comments: