Thursday, January 22, 2009

Yes, "I" can!!

One of my private students, Keizaburo, has talents to improve in English.
He is a wonderful communicator. He is a specific motivation to study English. He can get English sounds sooner than others.
But he always complains, "Keiko sensei, I don't think I my English has been improved!"
Why???because he doesn't study at home!!

Today, I gave him a gift. It was...a magazine, "AERA English!"
The latest issue's main topic is the American new president, Barack Obama's English what many people are interested in right now. However, the most attractive thing for me is...the study organizer, which is called "Yes, I can!!"

The student like Keizaburo needs the "special care." I can't supervise him outside the class, but if he keeps the study organizer at home....like what he did or when he studied...
He will have the sense of achievement! And that makes his English improved, I'm sure!

I have my own the same study organizer. I suggested him to show ours each other at the beginning of the month. It may be dangerous to show my study habits to my students...because I have to tell him,I "haven't" taken the EIKEN first grade & the full score of the TOEIC! But more than my embarrassment, I expected his improvement.

He gets easily motivated. I said to him, "You know what? This year's slogan is "Yes, "I" can!" You can do it!!"
He said smiling, "Yeah, "Change has come!!" Right?"

Yes, you can change!! ...Hopefully...

No comments: