Saturday, January 24, 2009

Passion, Drive, & Flexibility

Among the famous(actors, athletes, etc,) I admire those who have passion, drive, and flexibility. I also think only people who keep them can inspire us, and that's why they can keep their celebrity.
(On the other hand, for normal people like me, the most important natures are compassion and thoughtfulness, in my opinion.)

One of them whom I have admired for a long time is...Jakucho Setouchi.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jakucho_Setouchi
She is a famous writer, a Buddhist nun, and a volunteer who listens to people who have been lost in their ways.
She is 86 years old, but amazingly, she has kept her passion for literature!
Last year, she wrote a novel for cell phone users. The "cell phone novel" is much different from her traditional writing style, but she did! Because she has drive to make young people are familiar with literature.
Also, she has flexibility to adjust young people, so 500 million people have read her cell phone novel!

Now, she just published her new magazine. To make people buy the publishing in the Internet-dominated world, she has been trying to attract people introducing "attractive" ways of lives.

I suppose her mind might be much younger than me...
Right now, I am such a stupid who has been just being lazy using excuses for having headache & ear-ringing. But finally, I want to be a person like her, who has passion, drive, & flexibility!
...Maybe it takes more than 50 years to be so, for a very slow leaner like me...

No comments: