Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Experience

Since I became an English teacher, I had felt "thank, God! I am still alive!!" after the classes. Why? Because I get too tired!! I have so many different classes that I am confused with the outline of each class!!
But today, I felt... "Thank, God! I am grateful to get this job!!"

As I wrote on this blog yesterday, I had an urgent private student today. She is a dentist, and she wanted me to check her first English presentation at the congress. Her original script was really long & had technical terms a lot, but actually I had a kind of "confidence" of teaching her.

When I was in the U.S, I studied "how to make presentations" most. I took many presentation classes, and belonged to the Toastmasters Club( which is an organization to improve in speeches.) It was very challenging for me cause my English was not really good! However, my ultimate dream was "being an international emcee," so I just tried to participate in anything about presentations.

Today, I could tell her what I learned at that time. From the Toastmasters meetings, from the lessons of a speech therapist, or even from my " teacher of an emcee school" job(which was a long time ago.)

After the class, she said to me. "You are awesome! I never think about how fantastic it is to learn from a PROFESSIONAL!!!"
I have a thing for the word, "professional."

I have always thought "I want to return my experience to other people!" It means "to help people." Studying English takes time. Also, my U.S. days were not so gorgeous because I spent a lot of time to study English & learn English itself or presentations. But I believed, "this is my study term. After I finished this term, I will return my bitter days (experience) to other people as a job!!"
When I heard her words, I realized I fulfilled one of my philosophy.

However,,, speaking about a "professional," I became a "professional" just one week ago. Should I say that to her?? Of course not!!!

No comments: