Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Proofreading

Some of my students has been working on self study programs. Those who really need to improve in their English use our original materials. Checking their homework is one of my jobs.

Last week, I proofread Mai's( when I refer to my students or co-workers, I use fictitious names. I shouldn't identify my school or students on my blog because we have to protect their personal information. Sorry!) writing. She wrote about her dream.
Today, amazingly...she memorized the corrected (by me) writing and presented it to me! I was amazed... She is a very busy pharmacist. But she has never been absent my class and always previews perfectly.

My company's entrance exams were really hard. I had several interviews, writing tests, and a demo teaching test. Also I had very rewarding trainings, so I think I am an eligible English teacher... But I said to myself, "My English is far from perfect!! Can I proofread her writings??" I know even some native speakers' proofreading are not trustworthy. However, however...

I should read my old writings which Sally proofread again. Sally was my tutor in U.S, and she is the "best of best." Well, before that... PLEASE, SOMEBODY PROOFREAD MY WRITING!!!"

No comments: