Saturday, June 14, 2008

Japanimation

I had a looong training for new teachers at my English school. When I had a kids' English training, a trainer said. "For kids, anime characters are heroes. When you want to explain English vocabulary, you actually can't "explain" what is...for example, "friend" because our class language is only English. However, if you show two friends' characters from a famous anime, they immediately understand. You SHOULD be familiar with popular animes among kids to be a persuasive teacher!"

I see... After the training, I recorded lots of ANIME shows. Doraemon, Puricure, Brilliant-revolution, Shimajiro, Pokemon, Cryon Shinchan, Our little three sisters, Shilver soul, Naruto, Prince of tennis, Pastime King, Bleach, Anpan-man, Chibimaruko-chan,Gardian Character, (ドラえもん、プリキュア、きらりんレボリューション、しまじろう、ポケモン、クレヨンしんちゃん、うちの三姉妹、銀魂、ナルト、テニスの王子様、遊戯王、ブリーチ、アンパンマン、ちびまるこちゃん、守護キャラ。。)etc, etc...

Since Japanese animation is called "Japamation," there are LOTS of popular animation!! Actually, I took much time to watch all of them...
What? Do you think I should prepare for ENGLISH first?? I agree with you...

2 comments:

Junko Yamauchi, LMFT said...

There was some kind of anime convention in San Jose few weeks ago and it was obviously a big deal for Japanemation fans. When I was teaching Japanese, most of advanced students have learned Japanese from their favorite anime. Good luck on your new job!

keiko said...

Thank you, Junko chan!

Well, I think the influence of Japamation is huge! Actually, I found I really enjoy watching some of those... My mind returns my child days, and it's fun!!