Thursday, June 26, 2008

I look like...

The class that I 'm under the tension most is 1st & 2nd grade of elementary school students' class. There are just two girls in the class, but one of them is on the "blacklist." The one, Miho, is like a...queen. She is always late for the class, without any excuse or apologizing. She is very good at speaking English, so she doesn't allow to lose any game by the other girl. Oh, basically, she never smiles.

At my first class, the "queen" ordered me a lot. " You skipped this part. Do it." "Emily (my preceding teacher) didn't do that. Do what Emily did." " I don't like the game. Change to another one." etc, etc... In addition to, the queen (Miyuki) often whispered to the other girl. I guessed she said, "Is this teacher OK? I hope Emily comes back soon!" I had heard her mother also favored Emily. So, when the mother heard Emily would quit the school, she complained a lot to our school.
The queen got me nervous, and also the invisible"emperor" (the mother) got me nervous, too. I sweat, and brown-nosed the queen to make her comfortable.
At the first class, I was like her... "slave."

However, in the second class, I prepared perfectly. So, the "queen" seemed to be satisfied. However, she still whispered to the other girl.
I dared to say, "What were your talking about?"
The queen smiled at me for the first time.
"Want to know? I said, Keiko sensei looks like Edo Harumi!!"

What...!? That's it!?? I thought she criticized my class!!!
However, the queen was just a "child."
"Sorry for saying that! But I has been thinking that since I saw you for the first time!!"

Actually, I has been said so... When I had a training of our school, I was unconscious to do "Goooooooooood!" when I practiced demo lessons. Just after I came to the school, I don't know why, but my co-worker rumored "Keiko was an instructor of a manner school (that's what Edo Harumi did)" Well, I was an instructor of a DJ school!" However, other teachers have had fun to say, "Do you know it? Our new teacher is like Edo Harumi!"

Miyuki said to me, "Keiko sensei, please mimic Edo Harumi!"
I WAS her slave, so..."Your English is GOOOOOOOOOD!!" I mimicked "the" face PERFECTLY. Miyuki was so satisfied and laughed loudly like a "common child."

Well, I'm not her slave anymore... but have I gotten my status?? Maybe, not...
Someday, I will be their "real boss!!!"

No comments: