Sunday, June 08, 2008

KARAOKE

I have a favorite beauty salon in Kichijoji. I used to go there before I went to the U.S. After I came back to Tokyo, I restarted to go there. That beauty salon always provides me a hand massage for free. Before I went to the U.S, I had the massage mostly from different girls. Some girls talked too much & others didn't talk enough. Six years ago, I met one girl. She was very pleasant, cheerful, and talked moderately. She was a very young part time worker ( at that time, she was a university student) of the beauty salon, but she was a great communicator. I was impressed a lot with her.

We became good friends. After I went to the U.S, she often wrote seasonal cards to me. Not e-mails. She always chose traditional cute Japanese cards, so I could show them to my American friends.

Today, I met that girl, Saki, after an interval of five years!! She became a wonderful lady, but she was still cheerful & pleasant.
We went to a nice Italian restaurant in Shibuya, and talked, talked ,talked...
When we were having desserts, Saki said.
" You said " I will become a jazz singer!" before you went to America. How's it going?"
"Did I?? Did I say such a stupid thing? I wanted to learn singing jazz, but I can't find a teacher. I had a singing teacher, but she didn't like jazz. Anyway, I still LOVE singing like KARAOKE!!"
After I answered, she immediately said, "Really? So, let's go to the KAREOKE for now!!"
I was surprised but delighted. " OK, let's go!"

...Young girls react so quickly... I didn't imagine that.
Eventually, we sang a lot. I am always happy as long as I can sing & meet nice friends☆

No comments: