Friday, June 13, 2008

New Job

From next week, I will start to teach English at an English conversation school in Mejiro. I had been taking a training in May, and overlapped with my predecessor.
Today was the last day of my predecessor, so I went to the school to take over some issues. And then, after the work, we had her farewell party and my welcome party!

We went to Okonomiyaki restaurant. We were... four Japanese girls( two of us are teachers, others are managers,) one Japanese guy(our head teacher,) one American guy, and one Australian girl. I was wondering which language would be our official language when all of us were together?? It was...Japanese!!
Mostly we talked in Japanese, and two foreign teachers almost understood us.
Because I was surrounded by Japanese colleagues, I almost spoke in Japanese!

Additionally, we had to cook Okonomiyaki by ourselves, but Toshi, a Japanese head teacher, and Bob, an American guy, cooked everything for us. We, girls, were just talking & talking!!

What a relaxed start of my new job!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keiko -
I'm so proud that you're teaching English!! I always knew you understood the language. And I'm happy to read that you're back to being a wedding emcee.
I was wondering if you received my card I sent. Hopefully you did!!

Take care,
Stephanie

keiko said...

Stephanie,

WOW! Thank you so much for posting!! I am sooooooo sorry I haven't written to you!!

I know it's just excuse...But I moved, had a looong & hard trainig, and had to prepare for my emcee job & English lessons... Writing a blog is my daily work to brush up my English...
Anyway, I'm responsible for my laziness!!!
Soooory! But thank you for your comment!! I LOVE YOU!!