Wednesday, January 06, 2010

GINZA Revolution

Ginza is one of my favorite towns in Tokyo.
To me, Ginza is "Shoe Paradise!" There are many popular shoe brands have flag shops in Ginza.


Among those shops, I am definitely "Ginza Kanematsu" type!
Ginza Washington is too conservative for me, Ginza Diana is too gorgeous & too cute.
But Ginza Kanematsu's shoes always tickled my heart!
They are elegant, but cute, and not too classy.


Today is the first day of Ginza Kanematsu's semi-annual sale.
When I reached the entrance of the flag shop, strong perfume caught my nose.
Can you guess what it was? The next store Ginza Kanematsu is now...the first Asian flag shop of Abercrombie & Fitch!!
Wherever I went in America, I could find the shop. But now? Exclusive!!
After I cruised Ginza Kanematsu, I stopped by Abercrombie & Fitch.

As a result, I felt like I was in another planet there!
At the entrance, several young boys (Abercro boys of Japanese version) chatted, and welcomed me.
On the first level, I found a macho Caucasian guy who were half-naked (Abercro boy of original version) was having a photo taken with customer girls.
I was guided in the elevator. An elevator boy didn't ask me which floor I was going.
It seemed like, customers HAVE TO go up to the seventh floor, and look every floor as descending.

In the shopping area, there were many casual clothes were displayed in glass shelves, like they are high class brand materials. And most surprisingly, all clerks (young boys and girls) were...dancing with the loud club music!
The loud club music is one of the brand's originalities like strong perfume.
But in the U.S, as far as I know, NO clerks were dancing!!
Sometimes I found a girl clerk was folding clothes, drinking COKE...
Abarco was supposed to be a VERY casual shop. However, what's going on here???
I would say, it's like the revolution in Ginza!!!

Basically, I'm not biggest fan of Abacro. So, of course I didn't shop, even not look at price tags.
But I guess you should visit the shop! Regardless you like Abacro clothes or not, you would experience something new.

No comments: