Saturday, January 30, 2010

International Animated Cartoons

Even though they are not my students, I always talk to kids in English.
Oh, of course not to unfamiliar kids! But to my friends' kids.
Sometimes it's embarrassing, but this has made good influence so far. Some of my friends decided to have their kids go to my school to learn English, and I also can practice teaching!

Two weeks ago, when I visited my friend, Akemi's home, her three-year-old daughter, Karen showed what English she learned.
"Apple! Birthday! Elephant!"etc, etc.
Karen doesn't take an English class. However, Akemi said,
"She enjoys watching an animated TV cartoon, "Dora the Explorer." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlhS1Xd0p4A
It's like an educational English program for kids. Dora says, "In Japanese, you say, barsudei. In English, you pronounce, birthday!" like that."

I checked out the cartoon. Hah! It's good for kids!
When I talked about the animated program to Tricia, she said "In America, Dora the explorer is Spanish educational program!"
...I see! Animated characters always are good at encouraging kids!

Today, I watched a DVD which my French classmate, Mrs.K gave to me. Mrs.K is an advanced student, and she is familiar with French programs. She said,

" This animated cartoon, "TroTro" is good for even us to study French! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABYRAgANdxI "

Ahhh! It's cute!! I love the adorable characters, and the vibrant color! It could be special for French!

International animated cartoons are very good tools as learning a foreign language.
So far, I don't understand most of what trotro is talking...

I really want to improve my French!!!


No comments: