Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pizza Party

When you go to a restaurant, you are the one who...
A: always try to order a new menu.
B: always order your favorite menu.
Which one are you?

I'm certainly type A, but my hubby definitely type B.
Last night, I asked my hubby to buy cake at the Hokkaido Food Exhibition at Shinjuku Odakyu department store.
He called me, "Which one would you like? Sweet potato? or adzuki bean roll cake??"
Either didn't make me excited, so I said, "Ah...is there something else? We ALWAYS eat sweet potato or adzuki roll cake!"

He bought another cake, but he looked disappointed & very quiet last night.
He seemed he wanted to eat his "usual" cake.

This week, he kept saying, "I feel like pizza!" So, I asked him to buy pizza today.
Which store? Pizza Hut! What menu? "Idaho special." This menu has been my hubby's favorite sine he was a part-time delivery boy when he was a college student.
...As you can imagine, we have kept ordering this "same menu" at the "same pizza restaurant" since we got married...
I want to try another pizza restaurant or another menu of Pizza Hut.
However, he insists, "I know my favorite menu makes me happy!"

Pizza Hut generally takes cash-on-delivery style.
However, last time I found a flyer saying, "if you pick the pizza up at our store, you'll get the pizza at the half price!" So, we got it at the half price.

Today, I didn't know the flyer is still effective, but I gave it to my hubby, and he drove to the nearest Pizza Hut.

...When he came back, he was really excited. He had "two sheet of" "Idaho Special!"
He said, "Yeah! We got them at "one-fourth" price!!"
The mechanism was this.
My hubby brought the flyer. The clerk said, "this flyer expired. Now, only Wednesdays is half-price day if you come to pick it up. However, today, it's OK! We'll offer you a half price." However, he gave my hubby the "medium size" one.
My hubby said,"Oh, I ordered the large size!"
The clerk was confused, "I'm sorry! We'll make it the large size soon. Wait 10 minutes!"
...Then, the large size pizza was ready. The clerk said, "Here you are! ...and, take the medium one, too!"

My hubby was completely different person from yesterday because he got "two sheets of" his favorite pizza.
He asked me, "which one would you like? The medium one? or the large one?"
...He meant, "each of us eats each sheet!"
I said, "Wow! It's a BIG pizza party! ...and I'm sure this party will be going on tomorrow, as well..."

If you want to order pizza, do not ask delivery. Try to pick it up by yourself!
They'll give you generous offers. I'm sure!!

No comments: