Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy Birthday! to...

Now the day was over. January 10th was my birthday!
I've been said, "Happy birthday!" from many people, which was really nice of everyone. However, the person who should be said so, was...my mother. Oh, my father as well!

I was born on that day xx years ago, but who worked hardest for my birth?
OF COURSE my mother! And my father, too.

My dad was a quiet librarian. He was a divorcee. He was married to his co-worker, but they divorced because of "her fault." His parent passed away when he was a kid, and his older sister (who took care of him) was a kind of peculiar person... that was also one of the reasons. Anyway, he had some difficulties in his life.

My mom was a handicapped dietician. When she was a baby, she got burn on her right hand. Since then, her nickname had been "ginger hand girl." Yes, her right hand doesn't have "fingers." Because of the burn, her fingers look like knots.
She has done everything by her left hand only. She believed she would not marry because of her handicap, but her sister brought a match-making for her, when she was 35 years old. The guy was my dad.

Two people, who didn't have a common point except for "having difficulties for life," got together. Then, I was born. When I was a high school girl, I coincidentally found that my dad was a divorcee. As a teenager girl, I felt slightly shocked...but I thought, "If he didn't divorce, I was not born!!" Also, what if my mom just decided to live alone? She intended to do so until she became 35 years old!!

Numerous miracles got together, and then, one life appears to this world. This is not only about me. Your life was also so!
I deeply appreciate the "miracles" and unconditional love from my parent.
Have I paid back to them? I don't think I have done enough... But at least, I enjoy my life which my parent gave me.

I want to say, "Happy birthday! Thank you for your nice?(I'm not sure I AM the outcome of the "nice" work, though...) work!" to my parents.

...However, in fact, January 10th was my dad's "actual" birthday!
Happy birthday my dad, for real!!!

No comments: