Friday, March 05, 2010

My favorite American brands

Since yesterday, I've felt like talking about fashion.
Speaking of America...

1. Coach http://www.coach.com/online/handbags/-handbags-10551-10051-62-en?t1Id=62&t2Id=23259&tier=1&expand1=23259&expand2=23270
Since I went to America, this brand has been getting very popular in Japan. It was nice to get the purses at less than half price in Japan, but to me, it was more worth to take her (the brand's) shoes and sunglasses. The brand's wide range of the shoe size (My size is 5 or 5 1/2...it was quite smaller than other Americans), their availability & cute, universal design helped me a lot.
When I drove, the sunglasses were "must-have" item. Then, the cute, gorgeous sunglasses made me happier even though I didn't want to drive.

2. Kate Spade http://www.katespade.com/home/index.jsp
Last Christmas, my hubby asked me,
"Most of my co-workers' kids want DS as a Christmas present. Do you want a DS?"
I was quite sure, "You know the answer! I don't need a DS. What I need is a KS!!"
...Anyway, it was quite cheaper to get the brand on line, in America.
Especially in summer, her baskets always made me excited.


It was hard for me to find the clothes which I felt "chemistry" when I was in America.
Basically, I don't feel anything for American casual fashion brands, like Abercrombie & Fitch, Holister, or American Eagle. I tried some, but we were like "friends who tried to connect with, but didn't work well." Also, I always checked Banana Republic or H&M, but I also didn't "click" to them. It was like..."I know he (the brand) is popular, but he's not my type."

However, just before I went back to Japan, I finally found an American fashion brand which I completely "click." It was...

3. Betsey Johnson http://www.betseyjohnson.com/
If you step into the shop, you may think,
"What's the hell going on here? Can you wear those clothes? Crazy!"
Yeah, I know... the design of this brand is sometimes so unique that I can't even stop laughing.
But some of her dresses have very cute flower prints. Not so childish, but distinguish.
I love her world. The designer, Betsy Johnson! She often appears the brand's website, and her "no-boundary" fashion & thinking way...I just can't stop laughing, again...:)
She is like, "very unique & talented friend."

If I go to America again, I'm looking forward to seeing my "old friends!!"

No comments: