Friday, March 19, 2010

Welcom & Farewell

It completely blew my mind. I didn't expect that.
I didn't expect he would be leaving me!

He. Kotaro! My private student, who is a high school student! When I went to school, I got a looong letter from Kotaro's mom.
She wrote that his math score was very low so that he might not to promote the next grade.
He has to work hard for math a lot, so he can't continue taking my English private lessons!

I have taught him "three way system of English reading-VERY simple version" recently.
He enjoyed taking my lessons, and he began to understand English sentences.
He said, "I'm VERY sorry, Keiko sensei! I hope I can come back to your lessons after I get better math grade."
We've decided the next week would be his last lesson.
I've taught him almost one year. Sometimes I wanted to give up teaching him because he is a VERY slow learner...but I think I had some responsibility for that.
I tried hard to make him understand. He made me grow as a teacher.

After I said good-bye to him, I noticed.
The number of my classes have been less than before! Once, I taught 20 classes. But now, my classes from April will be...after I lose Kotaro's class...let's see, 11 or 12!
I told Kazumi, our competent manager.
"I'm concerned I might be losing my students!"
She said, "Oh, do you want more classes? LEAVE IT TO ME!! I've got eight students this month. I'll make some classes, maybe TOEIC or something, for you!!"

...OK, I know I can count on her... I'm looking forward to welcoming my new students!!

No comments: