Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Professionalism

It was a VERY hard day, today.
I had EIGHT lessons in a day to teach, including "little gang" 7-8 year-old class, a stubborn businessman's private class... March is the busiest month because some students have to finish their classes in the semester.

Yesterday, I was buried myself with household job for (almost) the amount of a week (because I knew I would be very busy in the first half of this week,) and preparation for Monday's classes.
I was so busy that I thought, "Can I really make my dream come true someday!???"
My "dream" is working as an English teacher on weekdays & being a bilingual wedding emcee on weekend. Even if I work for a few weekdays, if I need to prepare a lot for Monday classes...can I really work on weekends??? But I guess I don't have to worry. If the time when I face the situation comes(fortunately,) just face it. Try to go through it. I can grow my professionalism in desperate situations!

I thought so, but today, during my busy work, my confidence? was already about to disappear.
At the first class, an awkward mix-up occurred among private students. That was an assistant manager's mistake, but I needed to apologize to a student on behalf of him.

When I communicated with energetic kids, a few babies who were visiting with their moms CRIED a lot. They just couldn't stop crying, so I was exhausted.
At the 9-10 year-old kid class, one eccentric boy couldn't stop SCREAMING. My ears really hurt because of his high-tone big voice.

But when I taught "a stubborn business man" in two consecutive TOEIC classes, I got good responses from him.

I always wonder if I have professionalism, or if what I did was not appropriate.
But I BELIEVE I can grow my professionalism in such a desperate situation, unless....I forget what I learned today.

No comments: