Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Naughty & Lovely

Once I mentioned my 4-5 year old kid class was like a ZOO, last year.
This year, I would say...my 7 year old kid class is like a BATTLEFIELD.
There are one boy and five girls in this class. They are always incredibly energetic...I'm sure I consume the maximum calories in this class!!

When they come to school, I say, "Hello! How are you?" with a kind-teacher-like smile.
But they answered, "I'm NOT fine!!" or "I don't know!"
I checked their homework before the class because there are so many kids in the class that I don't have enough time to check their homework during the class.
Then, their competition already starts.
"My writing is funnier!""No, mine is the funniest!!"
...They write their English very vertically, or too horizontally, or too slanted.

Once they enter the classroom, they try to hide themselves under chairs in the last row.
I say, "Come closer!" Then, they dash to me and start to hug me. "No! Stay away from me!" I shout, and they say, "You said, "come closer! So, we come!"

I let the kids repeat today's vocabulary with gestures.
"Persimmon, persimmon, persimmon!"
First, they say it with a very very small voice.
I say, "Louder!"
Then, they say, "PERSIMMOOOOOOON!!!" with a full volume,piercing voice.

Sometimes they even don't speak at all.
I say,"Repeat after me!! Then, they starts to pull my pendant, hair accessary, belt, or shoes.
"If you give it to us, we'll repeat after you!!"
...Aren't they really kids???

Everything goes on like this.
They are in the age when they want to the completely opposite thing from their mothers or teachers???
Today, one girl shouted, "I feel like LEWD!!!"
I ignored that, because if I say, "Don't say that!" It becomes their favorite word!!
(Where did she learn the word???)

I always become like a strict hysteric mom in the class, shouting all the time...
But at the end of the class, when I let the kids write today's key sentences, I can't stop smiling.
Some of them are writing this beside the English text sentences.
"I love you, Keiko! I'll do my best to learn English!!"

...Even though they become naughtier and more energetic, I can't stop thinking about the lovely kids.

1 comment:

Caesar said...

Kinds are the view of God. They carry true emotions and love. Your blog take me back to my school days when i used to struggle like them and honestly saying sometime i used to think to hit the teacher but these thought used to disappear suddenly as soon as teacher agree with my idea to complete my work tomorrow. Though she must be knowing that i'm still liying.