Sunday, March 14, 2010

White Day's Gift

Yesterday, I intended to stay home & prepare for the upcoming Toastmaster's meeting.
However, as you can guess from my last blog...I went to Aoyama to check Mineko(a Toastmaster's officer, who owns a stole shop)'s shop.

Also, I stopped by Shinjuku Odakyu department store to make some errands.
I felt WEIRD there...at some of my familiar sections, I saw many business MEN. In the hair accessory section, in L'occitane cosmetic shop, in the scarf section...usually, I don't see any guys in those places. But yesterday, they were just there, talking & consulting with clerks which ones were good. Then, I saw the blue pop sign. "These are the BEST White Day's gifts!!"

I see! That's why!! But I was wondering, how come they were buying such expensive fancy gifts for their (I assume) female co-workers?? At the hair accessory section, one guy chose a ribbon-shaped hair accessory with pearls & glitters as a clerk recommended. He said, "OK, I'll take EIGHT of those. Please wrap them each." The accessory was 8,000yen! 8,000×8=64,000yen for just ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS of Valentine's Day!
I've NEVER got such a fancy return gift from my male co-workers on White Day!!

My hubby got home almost around midnight last night because of his job.
When I told the scene I saw at a department store, he said, "Maybe they bought such fancy goods not for their co-workers, but for bar hostesses or someone. It's not my business... Oh my god! I forgot to buy a gift to YOU!!"
But I didn't make a fuss about it.
"You're FINE! I already HAVE a gift from you! Here it is! A beautiful stole from Mineko's shop! Thank you very much!!"
...In the case of my hubby, he almost never have to worry about which gift is the best for his wife...I choose!

No comments: