Thursday, November 13, 2008

Affection

I knew it. I knew it would take a long time whenever I call "her..."
"She" is the mother of my private student, Toru, who is a freshman of high school.
Basically, I don't understand parents who give their kids expensive private lessons.
However, as our school's business, I must "appreciate" that!

"She" is also my school's student. Because of her recommendation, her husband, her oldest son, have also been our students for a looong time.
It means...she is "the VIP" of my school!
As I assume, she especially loves Toru. Because of her greatest affection to him, she often calls me to ask how he does in class. She said Toru likes English most, so she wants him to take advantage of it.
However, he is always too easy-going like other high school boys.
So she wants "me" to push him.
Do you think that is the mother's job? I agree with you, but as she said, Toru doesn't listen to her lately, like most adolescent boys.

I received a letter from her yesterday, so I called her to thank her thoughtfulness.
Then, she started to speak about Toru, her oldest son, her husband, and about their recent Hawaii trip, etc, etc...
I tried just to talk about Toru's preparation for EIKEN, but she digressed & digressed.
When I hung on the phone, the clock said it was 10:10pm.
Wow, one hour passed after Toru's class was over!!

It that her affection to Toru, or affection to just "talking?"
Well, well, I just try to "care" about our VIP...

No comments: