Saturday, November 29, 2008

Kids' French!?

After I worked as a translator of my school's parents' observation day of kids' English classes, I rushed to go back to home, and participated in an intermediate class of the French circle in my condo.

I had tried to learn French again and again in the U.S. But every time I just gave up because of the obscurities and my priority over English.
So, I took the beginner course of the French circle, but they offered me a chance to observe an intermediate class.

Usually, when I am teaching, 50 minutes (the full length of one class) passes so quickly. However, today... One hour French lesson was like "three hours long" for me!!
I forgot how to read French and the vocabulary.
So, I felt I was like one of kids who is in an English class!
Most of them can't read English, so they just "mimic" the teacher not understanding the meaning completely.

At the parents' observation classes in my school, I enthusiastically told the parents that home study was the most important key to improve in second language.
Now that I have to warn myself to do that!
French and English, I know...

No comments: