Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Toxic

It was almost five years ago.
Before I went to the U.S, I bought many kinds of Japanese medicine because I had heard American medicines were too strong for the Japanese.

However, during the stay in the U.S(that was four years and a half,) I barely had a cold. I think it's because I didn't work. I could take a rest whenever I wanted!
If you sleep enough, have a good diet, and keep warm, you will not catch a cold!
So, I didn't have many chances to use the Japanese medicines.

On the other hand, my hubby was working hard, so sometimes he caught a cold.
But neither he used the Japanese medicine.
He said, "When I see a doctor, I have to talk about medicine I took. If I took a Japanese one, they don't know it, so I have to explain the ingredients!
But if I took an American one, he will get it soon!"
Therefore, he always took Tylenol( might be a panacea,)Zantac(acid reducer,) Mucinex(cough suppressant,) etc.
And to me, he seemed to be "addicted" to those American medicines!
He said, "You know, American medicines are REALLY potent! They are like TOXIC!!
But be careful! It's true they are much stronger than Japanese medicine. If you keep taking two tablets of the Tylenol maximum strength, you might be "tripping!!"

...Five years later, I should trash all of the Japanese medicines I bought at that time because they have already expired...but instead, we bought some "American" bottles.
And now, I haven't recovered my cold yet, and since last night, I started to cough hardly.
My hubby said to me,"Take the Mucinex! That's it!!"[
So, I took the one at the first time... Then, my coughing are gone unbelievably!!
I also become to be addicted to American TOXIC??(of course they are NOT, though...)

However, when I stopped by a pharmacy in my neighborhood, a pharmacist said, "Coughing takes your powers most. So, the best medicine for coughing is "getting sleep enough! Have a rest!!"

...OK, OK, we always should follow the professionals' advice!!

No comments: