Monday, November 24, 2008

Cutie, cutie!

November 22 is called "the day of good couples" in Japan because "November 22" could be read "a good couple" by punning.
For us, my hubby and I, the next day, November 23 is our wedding anniversary!

Actually, we tended to forget the day. When we were in America, November 23 was around the Thanksgiving day. So, our wedding anniversary was disguised as the national biggest holiday. Most years, when we were waiting in a line of Big Friday shopping, we suddenly noticed..."Isn't it our anniversary today(or yesterday!?) We were just tired of busy shopping!"

However, fortunately, we (I) remembered of the day. But we were reminded of the day a few years before, so we tried to make a reservation of a nice hot spring hotel, and amazingly we did!
We stayed at Akazawa Onsen Hotel http://top.dhc.co.jp/akazawa/hotel/index.html.
We stayed here three months before because of my parents-in-law's treat.
It is a popular, nice hot spring hotel located in Izu. Luckily, one room was canceled a few days before we went. Therefore, we could make it!

I don't know why, but a hot spring is like the "heaven" for many Japanese.
Hakone, Izu, Atami, and Ito are great place to go to a hot spring...but you know, we almost forgot how eastern area of Japan is congested by people!
In three consecutive holidays in the nice fall season, "going to the (hot spring) heaven" was like "what's-the-hell-going-on!" situation... I mean, the awful traffic jam!
We left home at 10:00am. We had lunch and went sightseeing for almost one hour...but when we arrived at Akazawa Onsen Hotel finally, it was 17:30pm!!
We need six and a half hours driving to be relaxed in a hot spring!???
People who are from big countries will never understand this situation...

Anyway, the hotel was nice, and the food was amazing. We had a great time even thought the traffic was crazy.
Also, you may (no, "will") think we are (no, "I am!") crazy, but I really LOVE having time with my hubby! I know we are not like "lovers" anymore. Sometimes we are like "a mother and a son" or "a father and a little girl..." But how can I say, I can't stop saying, "Hey, you are cute!" to my hubby. (OK, you can stop reading this article! It's silly, I know)
During this trip, maybe I said "cutie, cutie!" to him...thirty times?? or more???
I was ( I am, almost always!)like a spoiling mother or indulging pet owner.
I was saying,"Hey, you just said, "hello, mummy" to me? It was cute!" "Oh, how can you make such a cute look? You are the cutest!"
You know, I wasn't talking to my baby or dog...I WAS talking to my husband who are in his 30's!!

What I want to say is...we have been married for seven years, but we still enjoy being together. His reaction of my "cutie, cutie" call? He doesn't say, "Stop!" or "No!"
He says, "I know!" or "Everyone says so!"
Maybe our conversations is just "private-and-nobody-is-interested."
Sorry!!

No comments: