Friday, November 21, 2008

Responsibility

Basically, I wanted to be a TOEIC teacher. When it comes to "English teachers," there are many kinds of them. I wanted to have my specialty,

However, I haven't gotten a full score of the TOEIC. Most TOEIC vocational schools need who have the full score, so I became a teacher of an English language school. When I had an interview, I said "I want to teach TOEIC classes."
The interviewer said, "TOEIC teachers need to have responsibilities to raise the students' scores. You know, it's tough!"
Now, I realize it...

I don't have a TOEIC class now, but I have two students who have to pass EIKEN.
They are a 13-year-old boy and a15-year-old boy. Unfortunately, both of their possibilities of passing it are pathetic, and they are not so motivated.
However, their mothers have been pushing me, saying "Keiko sensei, please let my son pass it!! I invested you a lot of money!"
Hey, I don't get most of your money! I wanted to say so...

But I understand the mothers' feelings.
I can't stop thinking about them everyday, like "How can they pass the EIKEN??"
Actually, I have had dreams about them (while I was sleeping), and other demanding mothers...
Then, I have made some strategies for them.
1. Don't let them do many exercises. Concentrate on to make sure they acquire what they learned last time. So, at the beginning of class, I give them a test, and let them answer where they made mistakes last time.
2. Make them sure why they want to pass it, what they can do for the goal, and how much time they have until the test day.
3. Give them word cards. I made some sample cards how to learn English words quickly, and encourage them to follow the way.
4. Have them promise to study one hour EVERY DAY for EIKEN.
5. At the beginning of class, ask them how they studied in a week.
etc, etc...

I really hope that they can pass it as soon as possible!
However, can I study for one hour every day for EIKEN or TOEIC?
Frankly speaking, I can't!!
I should keep my words first, but...you know, adults know how to dodge!!

No comments: