Thursday, November 20, 2008

High heels

Girls, do you wear high heels usually?
Some of my friends say, "When I was young, I used to wear them. But lately, I prefer comfortable shoes!"
I understand, but "I" still prefer to wear high heels all the time.
They make me look taller, and slimmer.

When I was in the U.S, most American (or international) girls put on comfortable shoes, like thongs or sneakers. Therefore, when I walked into a classroom, teachers said, "I always notice when Keiko is coming!" because of my "high" walking sound.

However, I don't get used to have "very" high heels on.
For example, an actress, Sarah Jessica Parker, said, "I can run in NY having 3-inch high heels!" I think it's her (or some girls')special ability... I just can't!!
I'm comfortable with 3-5 cm high heels.

But today, I was wearing 7cm(almost 3 inch) high heels. They are my favorite brand, Kate Spade's black pair. Usually I avoid to get those "very" high heels for me. But I loved the design, and they were much cheaper than regular price, so I got them.
I love wearing my favorite shoes! However...today, I worked for 10 hours, and I was standing when I was teaching. Then...the pairs were killing me!
I knew that, but in those busy days, I was just wondering...

Which do you prefer? Being comfortable, or fashionable?
That's a question...

2 comments:

Junko Yamauchi, LMFT said...

I wear ballet flat all the time. They're comfortable, yet cute. I stopped pretending I'm taller because in the States, everyone except small kids is taller than me even if I'm in heels :-(

I just wanna mention...you got be careful when you use the word "thong". Maybe it's American thing, but the first thing comes to people's mind when they hear the word is "underwear". I think flip-flop is more commonly used at least in the US.

keiko said...

Hey Junko chan,you made me laugh!

I see, the sexy thongs!
But I wrote "comfortable shoes, like thongs..."
I think readers understand which ones I'm talking about!