Saturday, November 01, 2008

French Circle

I started studying French almost three years ago.
Why? Since I went to America, I had STRONGLY felt improving in the native language is the most important key for me to assimilate a new country.
At that time, the countries my hubby might go next were English-speaking or French-speaking ones. I had also noticed that learning a new language took a lot of time, so I thought the sooner was the better.
Additionally, most of my international friends were learning their third languages, like Spanish, Italian, or Chinese. You know, because English is the international language, speaking it was not a big deal there.( Even though I have still been struggling with that...)

However, since I had come back to Japan, I just didn't have time to study French.
And since I have started the English teacher job...I have always needed to improve my English first!!! I didn't have time to go to French classes, and those classes in Tokyo were too expensive & intensive.
"I want to learn it cheaper, and at my own pace!" ...I have always been thinking about that.

But finally,... the"savior of French learning" smiled me!!
The "French circle" have started in MY CONDO!!!
My condo is fairly big. There are almost 570 families living here.
We can use common facilities, and there are some circles, like kid's English, gardening, etc, etc.
Yesterday, I finally found the French circle started on the billboard!

I visited there today. The teacher is a native French lady who also teaches French at some universities. She is a really fluent Japanese speaker!! Her Japanese language might be better than my Japanese ☆
It was really good for me that I don't have to go downtown just to take French lesson.
Also, people who belong to the circle are just six or seven.
They have advanced, intermediate, and novice classes. Of course I have to take the "novice" course!! In the novice class, there are just two students (me and the other girl), so... I can take a semi-private lesson from my tutor!(Oh, she is not my tutor, but she comes to my condo...it's like a "tutor" for me!!

Today, I met the teacher(Nicole) and some members, and spoke some French that I almost forgot. It's good, good, good!!!
Here, I can sing Karaoke at the theater room, and take French lessons in our party room! I'm lucky there are some residents who had lived in French-speaking countries, and have still used it at work.

Also, my another aim is "creating new methods of teaching English to "novice" students, through the experience that I learn a new language."
Good luck for me!!

No comments: