Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Neighbor Student

My secondary school is not the nearest branch, but very near to my home.
Therefore, some of my students live around my nearest station.

Today, I found one student lived VERY close to my condo! Maybe it takes a few minutes on foot... We use not only the same train station, but also the same bus stop! She is a 19 year old college girl. I know my condo is so huge that many neighbors were actually "opposed" to have the condo here before it was built.
Are our houses too close, aren't they???

I enjoy talking with my students usually, but today's talking with her was quite long, in fact... She didn't have a class today, but she came to the school to talk about her boyfriend! My class was canceled coincidentally at that time, so I listened to her in the school. Also, on the way to home, we were together...during the commute, I tried to give her advise about the boyfriend issues.

Some college students are REALLY eager to talk with us all the time! (not in English, but Japanese!!) She is perfectly one of them...
Who am I? I'm their older friend? A volunteer listener?
I didn't know we had such extra work!!

No comments: