Saturday, November 08, 2008

Home

"My best friend is...bed."
Today is such a day. I don't know how many hours I slept!
Because of hard coughing, I decided to do nothing but "resting" today.
I don't want to admit it, but maybe we can't conquer the "Mother Nature."
We can take medicine to suppress the syndromes, but basically, we should wait until the virus rampage enough, then they will disappear.

I hate the situation right now, and I hate forgetting my aggressiveness.
But at the same time, I am also grateful about my situation.
That is "If I have a cold, I CAN get a rest."

When I was a wedding emcee, it was awful if I had a cold.
There is no "substitute" emcee of the wedding, which is a "once-a-lifetime" event.
Sometimes I had a cold, but I think I had never coughed during my work when I was an emcee.
Two days ago, I was coughing hard when I taught English.
It was not good, but less serious than I was emceeing at a wedding reception.
Some of my friends are still doing this job, and I admire their self-control ability.

Also, what a comfortable place our condo is even though I "have to " stay home because of my bad condition!!
Sometimes I was reminded of our company's apartment we used to live just after we came back to Japan.
It was not so bad if we consider today's Tokyo's housing situations, but...
It was quite small, old and noisy... If I "had to" stay there because of sick, that should make me depressed.

Very fortunately, we lived there only a few months.
We bought this condo having our parents' support, and after then, we have had a very comfortable life.
Last week, we (my hubby and I) a very stylish coffee table at an interesting furniture shop in our neighborhood. Today, the table was delivered, and whenever we see it, we feel happy. The table is perfect fit in our room! Especially, we bought it 90% off from the original price, that made us VERY proud of ourselves!
The name of the furniture shop is "the Forest's Gallery."(森のギャラリー)
This shop is famous among furniture-lovers. Also, it's famous as a nice soup curry restaurant. Check it out!
http://www.mori-g.co.jp/

...I still don't have the power to make the "punch line" in the article...
But the bottom line is, I appreciate I have a nice home and family to be relaxed with.
Good night! I think I can sleep more and more...

No comments: