Friday, December 19, 2008

Chance!

Here is a small, but a good thing occurred to me!
Shinjiro, one of my private students, hadn't been motivated to study English.
He was almost quiting!
So, I made a strategy for him. I corporated with native speakers, Bob and Eric.
I asked them to talk to Shinjiro a lot, slowly, clearly, but naturally.
I told them Shijiro's information as clues of talking with him.

Shinjiro didn't socialize a lot in my school. But recently, he had been getting enjoy talking with other teachers(I mean, native speakers).
I told him,
"Shijiro san! Everybody is amazed by your communication ability! To improve in English, being relaxed is important. You need to practice in relaxed situations!!
We have a party this coming Saturday. Why don't you come?
You can speak English a lot in a casual setting!"
Then he said, "Yeah, that's true! ...I think I would like to come the party!!

...Yeah! He is getting be open-minded!!
Shinjiro is 60 years old. One of my school's perks is having every generation.
I hope he enjoys mingling with people in many generations!
Oh, not only him, but everybody!!

No comments: