Saturday, December 20, 2008

Japanese Customer Service

A week ago, I went to the Anna Sui Big Sale and got a cute skirt.
A few days later, I noticed. The skirt had a big plastic tag! The tag was supposed to be removed when I paid because the tags are attached on clothes to prevent shoplifting!

I called the host department store, Isetan. I thought I should go to Isetan, but the person who got my call said,
"I am so sorry for your inconvenience. May the sales manager visit your house and remove the tag? He will visit whenever you are available."
I was surprised by her sincere reaction and said,
"Really? That is good! I was wondering if I had time to go to your store.
Well, Tuesday, from 3:00-4:00pm is the best for me."
"Certainly. He will visit your house. Again, we are very sorry for your inconvenience."

On Tuesday, the sales manager came to my house, removed the tag, and apologized deeply.
"We will pay much more attention not to have the same problem.
We are sorry to make you uncomfortable."
And he gave me two Anna Sui handkerchieves

...Well... It's OK!! The skirt was 70% off, just a cheap one! I understand the clerk forgot to remove the tag in the unusually crowded big sale place.
It's not a big deal like the sales manager should come to my house!

...But I also thought, "Hey! This is the Japanese Customer Service! Might be the best in the world!!"

Two month ago, when I went to an eyelash saloon to get a perm on my eyelashes, I mistakenly took the mascara( the shop's one) and went home.
When I applied a make-up after the perm, I borrowed the mascara...and mistakenly I put it in my porch, and went back home!

After I came back home, I noticed it. I called the saloon and said,
"I am so sorry!! I will send it back to your saloon."
But the stylist said, "It's OK! You don't have to give it back to us. Please take it!"
...Seriously!?? I was astonished by "the Japanese" generous costumer service!!

Today, I had a lunch at my favorite, the Afternoon Tea Cafe in Kichijoji.
When I paid the check, I accidentally dropped my change. One of the coins was running and running... And it was disappeared under the table of business men's group.
The waitress bent over to find the coin on the floor(instead of me), but she couldn't.
I was embarrassed and said, "It's just 100 yen! Thank you for your kindness, but don't mind!"
However, she said, "No! That is your money!! Could I get your cell phone number? If I can find it, I'll let you know."
I said she didn't have to...but she insisted.

At the evening, she called me.
"We shouldn't take your money. So, when you come to our cafe next time, please tell us about your coin. I'll let all stuff know about you."
...Well, well, she doesn't have to tell other staff about the stupid customer, but see?
It's the Japanese Customer Service that we should proud of!!

When I told my hubby about these stories, he said.
"...The stories are not about how the Japanese Customer Service is good, but how you are a troublesome customer! Not noticing a tag, taking a mascara, dropping money... Give them a break!"

...Yes, exactly....

No comments: