Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Compliments

Just after we said goodbye to the last student, our head teacher, Toshi, told me.
"The lady, Yoko, has improved English a lot recently. She said,"Since I've grown up, I rarely have COMPLIMENTS a lot. But the teachers praise me if I study hard here, I'm just glad about it!" Isn't she nice to say so?"

Sure! I agree with Toshi!
Especially, Toshi is the one who is always paying everybody compliments.
He always notices when someone gets a hair cut, changes the hair style or hair color, and wears a new suit. He always praises our hard work, and makes nice comments about our personalities & teaching abilities, too.
Because of Toshi? our school's teachers always try to say compliments to students.

And the students who are positive, like Yoko, accepts our compliments as the way we say. They work hard as we suggest, and improve in their English much earlier than those who are sarcastic.

We, Japanese, tend to be too humble to thank for compliments straight.
However, why don't we forget our strictness sometimes and feel pleasure like a child when we have "compliments?"
In this bitter world, daily compliments could be sweets of our lives.

Shall we start? You can be the one who can give the "sweets!"

No comments: