Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Progress

I'm supposed to be a temporary helper at my secondary school within this year.
Today, the students who read newsletter of the school got to know "Keiko sensei will transfer to another school.(which is not true, though...)"
One of my students asked me in English, "Where are move?"
...??? "What does it mean?" I asked her again.
She wanted to ask me, "Where(which branch) are you going to move?"

It's good for students to use English as possible as they can, but let me think...
She is in the intermediate class. The higher intermediate.
She has been the school for five years.
I talked with her for awhile, and during the talk, I recommended a pronunciation DVD and CD for listening understanding. She said, "Oh, I had them! I've taken all the check tests!!"

...Yesterday, I found one of my private students had been the school for ten years.
But he said, his TOEIC score has risen 200. That's it.

...I want to insist... My language school is a quite good school!
My hubby (he was a student there!), and my friends had improved a lot learning in the school.
Even though it's true, the progress of improvement is quite different depends on a person. Why???

There are many reasons and I'm too sleepy to list up everything...
However, I think, there are three important elements to get the skill of something.
1. Do it everyday. Maybe you are busy to take a lot of time to do it, so 10 minutes or 30 minutes is OK. But, make sure to do it EVERYDAY!
2. Make the term when you concentrate on doing it.
Doing it everyday is important, but not enough to get the skill completely.
You need, for example, two years when you get so into it.,
3. Have a good teacher.
You need someone who guides you!

They, who have been the school for a long time but not improve very much, just need to take time more to study English...

Well, well, well, but I can't say it because I should be like a "Genie in a bottle" who can spell the magic to them!!

No comments: