Friday, December 12, 2008

Wonderer

In my school, there are many college students who are juniors.
Now, they are job-hunting. Seeing "professional" them (I mean, they are wearing suits!) always brings deep emotion. I feel like I'm their mother!

However, Mayumi is different.
She is also junior, but she hasn't been job hunting. After graduation, she wants to get MBA. So, now she is preparing for the entrance exam of a graduate school.

The school is always crowded on Thursday's night, so I didn't notice she had been different lately.
Mayumi said to me, "Keiko sensei, what should I do? I want to go to a graduate school, but it's really hard to pass it. All of my friends have been job hunting. I'll also do it if I fail the entrance exam of the school...but in that case, the time lag will be disadvantage for me... I have been very nervous when I think about my future. That's why I was not nice to you last week. I'm sorry!"

...Oh, really? Weren't you nice to me last week? I wasn't aware that...
Anyway, she is a young wonderer!
I told her, "Don't think about "in the case you fail!" The pessimistic imagination might cause something bad to you. If you have time to "wonder," use the time to study! Even if you were to fail the test, you can get something if you work really hard. Excellent recruiters will notice the "thing" on you. You don't have to worry about it!"
Mayumi smiled, "Oh, I'm glad to here that! You know, I have a friend who are older than me. She is 25 years old. She said, if I "wonder" my life, I would "wonder" marriage. I mean, I'd hesitate to get married, she said. Actually, now I hesitate even to date with guys, too..."
"Oh! Don't hesitate to fall in love, young girl! The girl who are 20 something, too!You know, after you get married, you can't have a boyfriend! Date with many guys before you get married! You don't have to "wonder" it, too!"
Mayumi looked overwhelmed and said, "Ah... OK."

What did I teach her today???

No comments: