Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Returner?

Since June, I had republished this blog EVERY DAY except when I was leaving my house.
However, yesterday...simply I forgot!
I had a busy Sunday yesterday as usual. It seemed laid-back because I stayed home, but I did a week's worth of household chores? and since night, I prepared for classes and a trial lesson. I had seven classes to teach and one visitors today!!
At 2:00 o'clock, when I went to bed, I was reminded of my blog...but I was too sleepy to set up the PC!!
...So, I am a "returner" of this blog.

I also "have" a returner today. That was my trial lesson student. She is one year old.
Let me explain...
After a few weeks later I started to teach English at my school, I had a parents' observation week.
My first class was three-year-old class. There was just one student...Emi.
She was distracted a lot and talked different things a lot during the class, but I didn't care so much because she was the same when my predecessor taught her.

However, after the mother observed the class, she told our head teacher Toshi,
"I want another teacher to teach my kid. Keiko is inexperienced. If it can't be, I will let my kid to go to another school."
...Customers are the "god..." So, we did what she wanted. Now, our head teacher Toshi has been teaching Emi.

By the way, Emi has a little sister. Her name is Mami. She is one year old.
The mother wants Mami to learn English lately, so she asked us to give her a trial lesson.
Toshi explained I (Keiko) is only one who could teach babies.
The mother asked us to give a trial lesson, and she said she would decide ii depends on the lesson.

...I read every material of the training in case the mother asks question a lot.
Actually, she is famous at our school as a claimer.
I prepared for the class, and had a lesson with the baby and the mommy...

The result is, it was successful!
The mother said, "I enjoyed your class! Mami is shy, cries a lot and distracted...
But today, she was concentrated on your English!"

Emi left my class since the mother wanted to change the teacher.
It was the first and so far the last time for me to get a claim from students.
But the mother sighed up for my class for Mami, the little sister!
Today...the claimer became a returner!

I felt very happy. But in baby classes, they learn English with the mothers.
So...every time, I am with the "claimer" in the baby's class!!
It could be scarely, but...maybe I could improve in teaching not to have a claim!!

No comments: