Sunday, December 21, 2008

Circle

Tonight, we had a Christmas party at school.
Because it's Saturday in the busiest season of the year & we planned the party just recently... It was a small party that just party regulars got together.
Among them, there was one unfamiliar one...my private student, Shinjiro!!!

Shinjiro is a 60 year old entrepreneur. It has been a year since he became our student. However, he hadn't been motivated recently. He was saying, "I haven't improved in English at all. I still don't understand what native speakers were saying. Sometimes I wonder going an English school is meaningless for me, such an old guy!"
...Hey! You have started studying English just for a year! Even I don't understand what native speakers are saying sometimes!!

Actually, his improvement is remarkable. Just he believed he could be able to speak English fluently soon if he took English classes!
I know he is a nice, creative, and communicative man. So, I suggested him coming the party to talk in a relaxed situation.
He came! But at first, he looked awkward because he was only "a new guy."
I tried to be a "bridge" of him and other students...
Then, he talked a lot and became a "popular guy!!"
He talked to native speakers a lot in English, and asked other students how to study English & history of their improvement.
There were some students who have studied at our school over ten years.
They said in unison, "Shinjiro san! It's just ONE YEAR since you started to take a class here? You are in the approach run! Now, a loooong marathon will start. But it's fun! Don't worry about it. Just keep going!!"

...Thank you!! Shinjiro is a private student. Sometimes he needs to belong a circle!! When he left the party, he said he really enjoyed the party and would continue my class! He hadn't renewed our contract, so we worried about him... But it was a great result!
The manager was joking, "Shinjiro san, please sign the contract right now!"
Because he was so drank that he couldn't think about it calmly;)

Anyway, it was an intimate great party!
Shinjiro said, " I have thought I was going to quit this school several times, but I didn't because of Keiko sensei. She is so enthusiastic! Having a good teacher like her is a blessing of life. I'm grateful of having her."
He is such a sweet guy!!

I have worked for the school for a half year. Most of the students in the school have been there for a long time!! Just one kid student left the school, but other students I know have been very loyal!
Since I was 20 years old, I have wanted to help people by using my skills. When I was young, I couldn't make it come true because I didn't have skills...but as I get older, my dream was formed little by little. And I feel very "grateful" of having such nice people to accept my offers, like Shinijro.

No comments: