Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Mercy, merry, Christmas

This morning, I was irritated.
Because of "the" bad result...I felt I couldn't welcome the upcoming new year, smiling.
Then, I got a call from my old friend.
She just wanted to know my new address, but we talked for awhile.

She has been sick several years. First, she took day offs, and then she quit her job.
I was worried how she was doing. Fortunately, she said her condition became much better, so she started to do job-hunting. But it's not easy for her to work full time, so she wants to have a part time job, she said.

Some of my friends has been under treatment of sick. Not serious ones, and they have husbands who can support them. However, today, I was reminded how they have been patient.
It doesn't mean I have mercy on them. I'm just amazed how they have been working hard!
I guess today's her call was a Christmas gift. I assume the God thinks I should be humble, appreciate what I have now, and keep learning from other people.

Speaking about Christmas present... today, my hubby and I had a small family (couple?) Christmas party (because on 24th and 25th, both of us have to work late!)
I gave him Christmas presents!
They are a shirt and...a wide stomach band(for warmth!)
Maybe I got a mercy to have a regular job & happiness to give him a present.
Christmas present from him? ...I don't know! Maybe I'll choose the one by myself soon!

No comments: