Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Outrageous!

Even though I'm not a short-tempered teacher, today's his attitude was just outrageous!
"He" is Naoki, who is a 13-year-old private student of mine.
Now he is preparing for the pre-second grade of EIKEN. His mother is VERY demanding, so she said to me, "Let him pass the pre-second grade of EIKEN on this coming January. He has to pass the SECOND grade of EIKEN in a year!"

However, recently, he seemed not to prepare for my class.
I tried to be patient and convince him to preview. But today, his mini test(I always give him "a review test")'s score was really bad. I asked him same questions for three times, but he failed every time! He didn't look unfamiliar words up, yawned many times...I finally "erupted."
"You know what!? This is the time I should talk with your mother.
I'll give you one chance. If you don't change next time, I'll warn your mother about your unseriousness."

...But I also thought I should change myself, too! I should do something to make him motivated...

After I got home, I received the result of TOEIC that I took one month ago.
The result was...outrageous!! My reading score was the best, but my listening score was the worst in a few years! I used to get a full score of the listening test, but it was far from the perfect score. Maybe, I did something wrong?? I marked correct answers on wrong places?? I never know, but the score is unbelievable!!

This year, my work has been well (except for some troublesome students,) but results of test have always disappointed me.
Maybe I can't excuse. I should change my ways of studying.
That will be one of my resolutions next year...

No comments: