Friday, February 06, 2009

Babble Mouth

When I met my friend of high school days a few days ago, she said to me.
"Did you speak so fast before? I don't think you did."
Really!? The last time I met her was almost seven years ago.
That time, I was an emcee. So, I tried to speak clearly & slowly.

But now, I am an English teacher.
When I don't have much time in a class, I noticed I was talking quickly.
And when I was teaching EIKEN or TOEIC, my language is kind of "mixed" of English and Japanese. Then, sometimes it's hard to switch my language muscle.
So, I stuttered sometimes. I spoke the sentence once again, then my talking becomes fast naturally because I am afraid I can't finish that day's unit.

However, the important thing is having variations.
I have to let my students know which is important part, and which is just explanation depends on my ways of talking.
I should record my classes & "audit" them objectively.
Ummm...there are so many things to be a "real pro!!"

No comments: