Saturday, February 07, 2009

Change me dramatically, but not too much

I visited a hair stylist who have done my hairdo for eight years (oh, we have an interval of almost five years when I was in America!)
Whenever he asks me, "How do you want to change your hairstyle today?"
I says, "well... I don't know. I want to change dramatically, but not too much."

...I think it's a difficult comment for hair stylists.
But don't you understand my feeling?
Every girl and woman want to find new looks which suit them. But many Japanese girls are conservative. Also, as we gets older, we tend to be obsessed with our own styles more.

He understands me who don't want to my hairstyle basically.
So, he suggests my having highlights when he dyed my hair.

...And, I have contradictions as well as mamy girls...
I always says, "not too much." But I think I love doing something too much!
For example, I always buy food too much, my clothes have frills too much...
I love to have "too much," I guess!
So, when the stylist finished my hairdo, I said.
"Oh, there's not much difference from before..."
Then he said, "Yes. Because I did exactly what you said!
Oh, by the way, I think you always curl your hair TOO MUCH."
I see... I agree with him!!

After that, I went to another saloon.
That is an eyelash saloon where I have gotten eyelash perm a few times!
This time, I took a courage to get a new look.
I asked to have eyelash extension!
Eyelash extension means pasting fake eyelashes to get longer eyelashes.
Some of my friend have done it, and I thought I might get a dolly look like them!

I had a counselling with my "eyelash" stylist.
She said, "How would you want to look? Dolly & curly, or natural & straight?"
Ummm...again, difficult question for me!
I said a subtle answer again. "Well...dolly, but natural look, please!"

After one hour, my would be "dolly but natural" eyelash extension was completed.
I looked a mirror, then I said...
"Oh! That's much difference, isn't it!???"
The stylist said, "Yeah. That's what you said!"

It's always difficult to tell what I want to look to professionals...
But I enjoy getting "a small change" on my looks!
Or maybe next time, my eyelash might have more "too much" extension, baby...

No comments: