Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One Year Later

Exactly one year ago on today, my hubby and I arrived in Japan from the United States where we had lived for four years and a half.

We were looking forward to coming back to Japan until a two months before we actually came back. After then, our excitement became more anxious about...our new living place, my hubby's new department, my working life, etc, etc.
Especially...our living place!
Before we went to America, we used to live near Kitijyoji. We believed we could go back to the apartment, but the company allocated us to another apartment, which was much smaller, older, and farther from the heart or Tokyo.

On February 10th, we checked in the hotel near our "allocated" apartment.
We went out to eat, but... We were kind or "disappointed" by the circumstance around there. The place was just different from KIchijyoji.

We knew we shouldn't take the "company's apartment" for granted. I know some people are still living there, but the place was just terrible for us.
It was noisy (we could hear the various noise from the supermarket downstairs,) small, and old.
On the way from the apartment when we visited there first, we just followed a salesman of new condo who just distributed flayers...
Our journey of "finding our nice condo" just started the next day of our arrival, and now, we are living here.

The time has flied. I can't believe one year passed from then!!
I thought we went back to the Tokyo life we had before, but we changed our house, my hubby has worked for the different department, and I changed my job from an emcee to a teacher.
The things that hasn't changed are friendship from our friends, and affection from our family...especially, from my parents-in-law and my parents.
We shouldn't take them for granted!
The most important things for me are my family, and my health & my beloved family's health.
Some people say, "the older you get, the more you feel time goes quickly."
I think it is true.
In the circle of "flying" time, I should cherish my hubby and family more, and keep it on my mind..."Everything has the pros and cons, even though the happening seems not good for me." And, I want to seek how to help people by using what I have been working.

Yes, everything has the pros and cons...even the "terrible" apartment where we lived!
The rent was just 7,000 yen!!
Maybe we shouldn't complain about the apartment, if we thought about the bargain rent...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1年経ったんだね~オメデトウヾ(´ー`* )内容の濃い1年だったんじゃない!?
東京行ったらkeikoのcondoにお邪魔させてね♡

keiko said...

ありがとう!
この1年、環境は変わったけど、結構落ち着いてたような気もするの。。
アメリカでは働いてなかったけど、学校やらToastmastersで忙しかったせいもあるのかな?
レイナの近況も、今度個人的に聞かせてね♪

keiko said...

レイナ、大事なこと言うの忘れてた!
東京に来るときは、もちろんうちのマンションに遊びにきてねー♪