Friday, February 13, 2009

Plan B

I should have been careful.
I should have been careful when I was said,"Keiko sensei! Toshi sensei told you could use this textbook!" by Rie.

Today, I had a non-regular class. Instead of my private lesson to Tomohiro, I would provide a lesson to Hiromichi, who was Tomohiro's brother.
The family was like our VIP. All of the family members are our students.
Especially, Hiromich has been a Toshi's student for seven years.
Hiromich just passed the writing test of EIKEN second grade, so his mother asked me to have a preparation lesson for EIKEN interview test.

When I arrived at the school today, Rie gave me a book for it.
So, I prepared for the lesson...
However, when the class started, Hiromichi said, "I did this material with Toshi sensei!"
WHAT!? Toshi sensei gave me the same material just he did!?

Actually, it happens sometimes... I experienced that.
Sometimes I am asked to be a substitute of busy Toshi.
Toshi always says, "Don't worry! It's piece of cake for you! You just have to do these materials!"
...But most of cases, the sections where he told me are different.
Toshi is a genius and an experience teacher. So, he always doesn't prepare for classes much, and actually he doesn't need to do it because his English is just like a native speaker.
...But in my case...I need to prepare a lot!!

But maybe unconsciously, I prepared the "plan B."
I had already bought "my" preparation book for the second grade of the EIKEN.
That's because of Tomohiro, who has been taking my private class to pass it.
I prepared some interview materials, so, today, accidentally I used "my" materials.
So, I made a narrow escape!!

As an experienced teacher, I should always prepare for plan B, or even plan C or D.
It takes time, but maybe I need...
Even that's a lot of work!!

No comments: