Sunday, February 01, 2009

Hammock Cafe

Have you ever watched the new 007 movie, quantum of solace ?http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809961074/info
I watched it today! However, my hubby and I totally forgot today was the movie discount day. Every first day of the mouth, everyone can watch a movie for 1,000 yen! In Japan, usually it costs 1,800 yen for an adult to watch a movie.
Yes, that's big difference!! We tried to avoid the crowd. So, we didn't go to the new movie complex in Shinjuku. We went to another one which is a little bit far from the Shinjuku station. That was wald 9.http://wald9.com/index.html
But it was also a very nice building & the most crowded day of the month, so we had to wait for 3 hours to watch it!

...However, we found a very comfortable place. It was...a hammock cafe!!
The cafe is upstairs of the movie complex. The cafe is usually just a "regular" one, but from the end of January to the beginning of March, the care have been collaborating with a hammock maker and a new movie. I couldn't find the cafe's website, but here is another hammock cafe's scenery.
http://www.because.ne.jp/ms/item49_247.html

I was tired because I went to the EIKEN listening seminar in the early morning, and my hubby was also tired. So, while we were waiting for the movie, we actually "took a nap" on the hammocks!
That was really cozy! It was like a "oasis" in a desert...

I hope hammock cafes are going to VERY popular in Tokyo!
If it becomes true, many people would stay there longer, sleeping like us...

No comments: