Thursday, February 26, 2009

People around kids

Yuki is a little bit quiet, but very smart & nice kid.
Every Sunday, she comes to my 7-8 years old English class.
Her mother has a job, so after she finishes elementary school classes, she goes to day care school, and comes to our English school.
Her mother usually comes late to pick her up, so I always talk with her after the class.

Today, she was not quite herself.
"Hey Yuki, how's your day care class going?"
When she said, "Actually, some kids were really mean to me today..." her eyes were about to fill with tears.
I knew she is the one who don't want to cry in public.
So, I didn't ask her in details.
"Yuki, I know you are an ESPECIALLY good girl. I love you!
Let's play with me using this paper balloon!"
When we were playing, her smile came back.
Then, her mom appeared, and they went back to home.
After they left the school, Toshi and Rie asked me.
"Yuki looked not fine today. Was she OK??"

Kids would grow up, surrounded by many adults who look, worry, and care about them.
I didn't ask what happened to her in the day care, because I thought that was my position. Her mother may ask her about it. Toshi and Rie didn't even ask "What's wrong?" to her, but they noticed something happened to her.
The reactions were different depends on how much closer to her, but people around her can notice her difference, and cares her.

People around her make her grow. Someday, she will notice and appreciate that.
I hope me and my school can be one of them.

No comments: